There are a variety of possible reasons for this problem.
1. You may be seeing the group code log-in screen for the first time and may need to be reminded that we
have a group code, how to find it, etc. Go to http://info.unmc.edu/library/refworks.html
2. Our group code changes once a year. You may have the old group code. Go to http://info.unmc.edu/library/refworks.html to get the new code.
3. You may have downloaded Write-n-Cite from another institution’s license (another institution’s
webpage). Sometimes RefWorks users just do a -- Write-n-Cite software download – search using Google and end up downloading the Canadian
another institution's version of Write-n-Cite
You may need to reinstall Write-n-Cite
1. Save and close your Word documents.
2. Log into your UNMC RefWorks account
3. Use RefWorks “Tools” menu to select “Write-n-Cite.” A pop-up window will appear.
4. Click on the download link that is appropriate for your computer system.
5. You will need to run the downloaded software.
6. You will be asked, at some point, whether you want to uninstall the version of Write-n-Cite that is currently installed on your computer. Click “yes”
7. An automatic installation wizard will appear. Follow the instructions provided.
8. Say “No” when asked if you want to start Write-n-Cite now.